This is a very
simplified set of rules to live by on ifish....your pocket version! This does not replace the AUP
that you agreed to when you joined this site....as always go there for the full Monty.
The volunteer moderators at ifish work hard to keep this site fun, peaceful, supportive and focused on fishing and hunting but things do get sideways sometimes and it's impossible for us to review every post. We rely on the ifish community (you!) to alert us to things that need a second look so please continue to help us! Do not assume that ifish management supports or agrees with something questionable that you've read here....in many cases it just hasn't been alerted yet.
Simply follow the rules and we can self moderate the board! Easy!
Step one -
Moderate yourself. If your unsure about something your about to post you probably shouldn't post it. Review the AUP
and feel free to ask
Step Two -
Report problems by those who aren't self moderating by using the alert button
, to the left and bottom of each post.
Ifish Simplified AUP
- BE NICE.
- Be Respectful. Keep it on topic or start your own thread. Tolerate other opinions and don't question the rules here in the public forums.
- No name calling, inflammatory posts, threats, or verbal attacks...period!
- Avoid divisive topics. Discuss things like gun rights/laws, abortion, religion and partisan politics elsewhere.
- Refrain from discussing illegal activities or vigilante justice.
- Advertising, links and contact information are for sponsors only. Inquire about becoming a sponsor here.
- Kids read here and so do wives and mothers. We run a tight ship. No bodily functions or cuss words disguised or otherwise.
- One link to your non-commercial fishing home page is allowed (in your signature area).
- Approval is required prior to posting any fundraiser, tournament, etc.
- Complaints about products, services or organizations require accountability (your entire real name signed on the post).
- One membership per person, one person per membership.
- Keep private correspondences private.
- Fish stories are appreciated. False reports are cause for your removal.
- Do not mention or discuss banned members on the board.
- The Classifieds are for one-time private party transactions. Don't set up shop.
- Proofread! Spellcheck! Re-read before pressing "submit reply."
- Don't fight with the moderators. You'll lose.
- Don't like how we run things? Tell us HERE. Don't post it.
Ifish Mission Statement
Ifish.net is an online resource for people that are passionate about outdoor recreation, primarily fishing and hunting, and share a deep-rooted desire to be an active member of the largest community of like-minded sportsman and women. Like its constituents, ifish honors character, integrity and respect above all else. We are purveyors of a new generation of internet forum peacefulness, where collaboration, information and education are the forefront of our existence, and discourtesy is not tolerated. This “community” has built ifish.net by ourselves and for ourselves with the intention of leaving the legacy to future generations of ifishers.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Whoo hooo! What a Ride!”