IFish Fishing Forum banner

Green peter reports

81K views 269 replies 60 participants last post by  Wigeon Pete 
#1 ·
Going to Green Peter tomorrow. Any current reports?

#257 · (Edited)
Made it up to GP today. Got there a little late. Started fishing at 10:30am. Roads where a little icy getting in. Launch was OK tires spun a little getting out. There is some mud at the bottom of the ramp. Started trolling towards the dam and had a good bite. We were 1/3 when the wind came up and we moved to the island. No wind there but no fish. Only had one hit and landed it. Lots of fish on the finder between 90-120ft but they would no play. All the bites came shallow. It was nice to get out of the fog.

#263 ·
Well was a beautiful day at GP today, water was like glass, just a few boats, Fishing wasn't so good in my boat, but had my wife and grandson with me so all and all a great day. The boat ramp was in good shape for those interested, little muddy but an easy launch.

#268 ·
Roger that. Had two fish play with us for a while but neither one wanted to stay for dinner.

Beautiful day on the lake though. Water surface temp read 44 F. wind was light to dead calm, at least up 'til noon when we left. The island is a peninsula (or however you spell it) at the moment.

Most of what showed on the Sonar was between 75 and 100'. We were flatlining, though, so no chance at them. It's nice to be out there when the water is this low. Now I can see all the shallow spots and rock ledges that have been 'tackle snatchers' when the water is high.

MrG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.