Please occasionally read the long and boring AUP
from time to time to make sure you still agree! It is updated sometimes.
Our goal at ifish is a self moderated board.
Remember: No one likes to be moderated!
Our goal at ifish is a self-moderated board. We are posting this simplified AUP to try to cut down on the need to moderate.
Simply follow the rules and we can self moderate the board! Easy!
NOTICE: The member made rules for the classifieds, are that you may not post here, unless you have at least 50 posts, and that you be a member of ifish for at least 90 days.
Report problems by those who aren't self moderating by using the alert button
, to the left and bottom of each post.
Ifish Simplified AUP
Ifish Mission Statement:
- BE NICE.
- Avoid name calling.
- Suggestions that are illegal; vigilante justice will be removed.
- Advertising, links and contact information are for sponsors only.
- One link to your non-commercial fishing home page is allowed (in your signature area).
- Approval is required prior to posting any fundraiser, tournament, etc.
- Complaints about products, services or organizations require accountability (your entire real name signed on the post).
- One membership per person, one person per membership.
- Keep private correspondences private.
- Fish stories are fine. False reports are not.
- Do not mention or discuss banned members on the board.
- The Classifieds are for one-time private party transactions. Don't set up shop.
- Don't fight with the moderators. You'll lose.
- Don't like how we run things? Tell us HERE. Don't post it.
Ifish.net is an online resource for people that are passionate about outdoor recreation, primarily fishing and hunting, and share a deep-rooted desire to be an active member of the largest community of like-minded sportsman and women.
Like its constituents, ifish honors character, integrity and respect above all else.
We are purveyors of a new generation of internet forum peacefulness, where collaboration, information and education are the forefront of our existence, and discourtesy is not tolerated.
This “community” has built ifish.net by ourselves and for ourselves with the intention of leaving the legacy to future generations of ifishers.
Mission Statement helpfully contributed by Boulderdancer
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- Whoo hoooo! -- What a Ride!"